Access Statement for Gatwick Belmont Hotel
The Gatwick Belmont Hotel, in Horley, Surrey, was originally built in 1901 by a local doctor for his family home, it was named Mena House and then many years later it was changed to a Guest House by Mr Gucci.
The Gatwick Belmont Hotel is a 26-bedroom guest accommodation built during the Edwardian period. The house has been used as guest accommodation for more than 20 years, providing accommodation for travellers coming in and going out of Gatwick Airport as well as for business people working in the area.
There are ground floor and first floor bedrooms.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is a block paving car park immediately outside the front of the building with 18 spaces in total.
- Parking space can be reserved if required.
- There are no speed bumps/traffic calming measures or barriers in car park.
- Telephone number displayed on Gatwick Belmont Hotel sign at the front.
- There is one step to front door from car park
- Lights in car park
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- 18 steps from front hall to bedrooms - carpet fixed on each stair
- Hand rail on right side of stairs
- No music playing in reception/front hall
- Bright lighting in front hall/reception and outside front door
- Additional room keys available
- Ground floor luggage store available
- There is no lift available to first floor bedrooms
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- There are 2 levels in the house - ground floor with front hall/reception, dining room, pub restaurant and first floor with 8 guest bedrooms. There are further rooms on the ground floor all around the building.
- All floors are carpeted with fitted carpets. There are 18 steps up to guest bedrooms and there is one handrail to the right of the stairs and the steps are uniform 25cm wide and 15 cm high.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- There is a payphone in the front hall, assistance can be provided.
- Televisions all have teletext and remote control.
- Complimentary wifi is available throughout the building.
- One on the first floor main building and one on the ground floor in bar restaurant
Restaurant / Dining Room
- Dining room available for self-service light continental breakfast anytime before 07:00 and full English self service hot buffet breakfast between 07:00 to 10:00 (07:30 and 10:00 on weekends)
- There are 16 tables in the dining room to seat a variety of parties.
- Chairs are standard height and size
- Pub Restaurant has 9 table and chairs and 3 sofas with coffee tables
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All beds in guest rooms are normal height
- There is a fire alarm on the first floor landing and guest can be alerted if required
- All televisions have remote control and teletext
- All bedrooms have fitted carpets or wooden floors
- Bedrooms have a combination of beds - some doubles, some singles.
- All bedrooms have level access inside rooms
- All bedrooms have a hot drinks tray with a selection of teas, coffees. Water in bedrooms is mains water and suitable for drinking.
- All rooms have overhead lighting and bedside lighting
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC Ensuite
- All bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms.
- Shower rooms are tiled, some have a laminated floor
- Some shower rooms have shaver points
- Most showers are step in - only a lip for the shower door. Others have a little step up
- Bathrooms have level floors
- In case of fire notices pinned to the back of each bedroom door clearly stating the procedure in the event of a fire.
- Fire staff training takes place regularly
- This Hotel is a totally non-smoking property. Guests are requested to smoke outside the premises.
- Medication can be stored in a refrigerator if required.
- Emergency fire detection system in place and maintained.
- Premises occupied 24 hours a day.
Address: Gatwick Belmont Hotel
46 Massetts Road
Telephone: 01293 820 500 / Fax: 01293 783 812
Hours of operation: Check-in from 12.00. Check-out by 10.00
Local accessible taxi numbers: Carline - 01293 430430 / DSM A2B - 01293 820820
- There are no future plans at the moment
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01293 820 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gatwick Airport Parking - £6.95 per day
Gatwick Airport Parking at the Gatwick Belmont Hotel includes our shuttle 24 hours TO Gatwick and collection FROM Gatwick between 9am and 9pm.
01293 820 500
Gatwick Hotels with Parking - Inclusive of shuttle and breakfast
Room & 8 Days Parking
- Single room + 8 days Parking - from £74
- Double/Twin room + 8 days parking - from £89
- Triple room + 8 days parking - from £99
- Quad room + 8 days parking - from £104
- Family of 5 room + 8 days parking - from £109
- Family of 6 room + 8 days parking - from £114
Onsite Gatwick Hotel Parking
Room & 16 Days Parking
- Single room + 16 days Parking - from £84
- Double/Twin room + 16 days parking - from £99
- Triple room + 16 days parking - from £109
- Quad room + 16 days parking - from £114
- Family of 5 room + 16 days parking - from £119
- Family of 6 room + 16 days parking - from £124
Onsite Gatwick Hotel parking
Call 01293 820 500 or book online HERE
Remember parking at Gatwick Belmont Hotel can be added at any time to your hotel room
Airport transfers £6 per room each way - Full English Breakfast £7.95 - Continental Breakfast £4.95